Join us as a Contributor
The launch of our 2014 Annual Fund Campaign has arrived and we are excited to invite you to participate. As you know, Center for Human Services (CHS) has been working for over 44 years to change lives and build futures for youth and families in Stanislaus County. Last we served more than 20,000 unique individuals through our prevention, intervention, shelter, counseling and treatment programs. Donors help us do that.
After a fight with her mother Gabby, a 16 year old high school sophomore, found herself at Hutton House, our shelter for youth in crisis. After her time there Gabby reflects, “Hutton House feels like home, and it’s the home I will be forever thankful for. Without this place I would never have known how much my mom loves me. I see a positive future for myself after being here and my priorities are much better now.”
This is an example of what your donation can support.
Here are highlights of what CHS is also able to do through your generosity:
- provide diapers and formula to families at our Family Resource Centers
- put new shoes on homeless youth at Pathways transitional living program
- place three meals a day in front of teens at Hutton House youth crisis shelter
- plant community gardens for families needing fresh vegetables
- teach individuals and families how to become more self-sufficient
Did you know that for every dollar CHS receives, 85 cents goes to support our mission? For over 44 years, through contributions from people like you and wise stewardship of our resources, CHS has been able to stretch funds to provide efficient and effective services. We serve people in need in your community every day.