Hutton House is a state licensed temporary shelter for runaway, homeless and youth in crisis who are ages 13-17. It provides services in a residential setting for 8 youth at a time for a maximum of 15 days. Day services are available for youth and their families. Crisis line is available 24 hours a day.
Hutton House serves youth (ages 13-17) who are in crisis and may need temporary shelter.
- 24-hour crisis line
- Assessment of client needs
- Individual, group and family services
- Drop-in advocacy services
- Information and referrals
- Advocacy, parent support and education
- Emancipation information
- Community linkage, volunteer programs and state and national linkage to other service programs.
- Differential Response – Support to families experiencing parent/child conflict.
- Youth Leadership Development and Community Involvement through the California Youth Connection (CYC) Youth Group – open to interested residents and other youth. Click here for more details.
Donations are welcome and necessary to keep program services available for families in crisis.
90% of services are provided to Stanislaus County residents, 8% to other Californians and 2% for out of state clients.
“What I liked best about Hutton House was learning that I was not the only kid with the same issues that I’m struggling with”
“Hutton House is a very safe place and all staff are very nice”
“Counseling, groups and classes are what helped me, THANK YOU”
“It (Hutton House staff) help me deal with my family and problems”
“I was able to clear my mind and think about things going on in my life”
“My son was safe, warm and loved”
“Hutton House taught him [son] how to confront his problems”
“Jane (Not a real client name) and I had a chance to share a little more with one another. I think we will be fine, we are going to begin a 10 week class to help with communication and other life skills”
Hutton House has a very active group of volunteers and would not survive without the generous support of people like you who give of themselves and their time. For more information on our volunteer program please follow the links below.
Hutton House Volunteer Flyer (PDF) – for upcoming interviews and training dates
Parents and Teens Together Class
The primary focus of Parents and Teens Together is to improve communication and support between family members.
Weekly Class Discussion Topics
- Adolescent Growth and Development
- Adolescent and Developmental Issues
- Feelings and Self Awareness
- Needs and Behaviors
- Helping Teens Manager Their Behavior
- Domestic Violence
- Sexually Transmitted Infections
- Family Values, Morals and Rules
- Negotiation and Compromise
- Stress and Substance Abuse
Parents and Teens Together – Consumer Comments
“The facilitators were warm, fun and professional”
“I know I need to provide better care to myself so I can better nurture my children”
“It [the group] was an opportunity for me and my son to spend time together” Youth: “I get to talk about what is on my mind”
“It helped me to get closer to my mom”
“I liked talking about how we feel”
“I learned that my mom knows a lot about me”