Pathways is a transitional living and supportive services program for young adults ages 18-21 years. The program serves homeless young adults who have limited financial and emotional support.
If participants enter the program before their 22nd birthday, they can stay in the program for up to 21 months. Aftercare services are also available for any former client.
The program office and housing site is located inside the apartment complex at E. Granger and Sunrise in Modesto. The program office is located in apartment #25. The apartments have two bedrooms and one bathroom. Two participants live together in each apartment. Each apartment is equipped with laundry facilities.
There are no program fees; however, residents are held financially responsible for any damage or loss of Pathways property.
All participants are required to work in the community in a volunteer capacity within 60 days of entrance into the program and be employed within 180 days of entrance. Participants are assisted with resume writing and job searches.
In addition, participants must attend all scheduled meetings and participate in the program’s “individual savings plans.” Participants are required to save 50% of their income in an individual account with the program. When $3,000 is saved, participants have the option of continuing to save money in their account or they can open an account outside the program. $3,000 must be kept in their account until exiting the program.
- No cost housing for up to 21 months
- Weekly case management
- Weekly substance abuse counseling
- Mental health counseling
- Life skills classes
- After care services
- Food and nutrition education
- Supportive services
- Referral and linkage to the community
- Attend all assigned classes and groups
- Maintain employment
- Meet with Case Manager weekly
- Meet with AOD counselor weekly (if indicated)
- Meet with counselor weekly
- Contribute to savings account
- Keep their apartment clean
- Complete yard work or other household assignments
- Abide by established rules and policies
- Must be 18 to 21 years old (Youth must apply to the program before their 22nd birthday)
- Low Income
Documents Required to Become a Pathways Participant
- Birth Certificate
- California Identification or Student Identification with picture
- Social Security Card
- Letter of Homelessness – must include date youth became homeless and reason why
- Six months of pay stubs (if employed)
- Terms of Probation or Court Ordered
- Child Custody Order if participant is parenting