WHO WE ARE: Center for Human Service is one of the largest, local non-profits serving Stanislaus County youth and families. Our mission is simple…to change lives and build futures through programs that strengthen and support youth and families. CHS is a place that brings together smart, talented people from diverse backgrounds. We’ve cultivated a truly unique workplace environment that is anchored by our values…integrity, responsiveness, respect, partnerships, innovation and results.
To learn more about our programs, check out our website: www.centerforhumanservices.org.
Responsible for providing administrative and technical support to assist in the overall agency functions.
|Position:||Administrative Assistant – Bilingual-English/Spanish Required|
|Hours:||Full-Time / Non-Exempt / May included occasional evenings|
|Reports to:||Administrative Manager|
|Salary/ Hourly Wage:||$14.04-$14.74; DOE|
|Final filing date:||Friday – May 24, 2019|
To apply please click on the link below:
- Three-five years of office/secretarial experience.
- Bilingual English/Spanish required. Ability to fluently speak, read and write in Spanish.
- Translate documents from English to Spanish and vice versa.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in written form.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Intermediate computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Pass agency paid criminal justice screening.
- Pass agency paid health screening and/or drug testing, if required.
- Valid California driver’s license.
- Proof of auto insurance coverage.
- Manage agency requests for copies and work orders, which include research projects, creation of forms, word processing, etc.
- Assist in document creation, proofing and translation of agency forms and correspondence.
- Responsible for maintenance of postage machine, reports and updates.
- Create and maintain agency/administrative files and printed material.
- Oversee, prepare and manage agency file record retention.
- Order, track, stock office supplies and/or special projects.
- Coordination of travel arrangements, meetings and appointments, as necessary.
- Provides support in agency grant submissions and Board of Directors objectives.
- Responsible for providing support, as needed, in standard administrative tasks including; but not limited to: opening/closing office, provide telephone/reception coverage, mail and fax distribution, making copies, and light janitorial duties.
- Petty Cash custodian.
- Contributes to a team effort by performing other duties as assigned.
- Represent the agency in a professional and competent manner.
- Advocate for the best interests of the agency and clients we serve.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the general public, co-workers, clients, supervisors and members of diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, ancestry, political affiliation, citizenship, disability, medical conditions, marital status, amnesty and military or veteran status.
- Will promote and support a culturally and linguistically diverse workforce and be responsive to the population within our service area.
- Maintain confidentiality and confidential information in accordance with legal standards and/or agency regulations.
- Participate in assigned scheduled agency meetings, in-service trainings, conferences and other trainings as determined by the supervisor. This includes serving as an agency representative at assigned community meetings.
- Observance of assigned working hours and program appointments by demonstrating promptness and thorough preparation.
- Performance of assigned duties with a positive attitude and in the spirit of teamwork, collaboration and cooperation.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Perform job duties in a safe manner to ensure a safe working environment for oneself and others.
- Participates in and/or supports agency fund development activities and events.
- Preparation of assigned reports, work records, statistical data, job performance evaluations, work plans, etc. in a timely manner.
- Review of applications for minimum qualifications.
- Ranking of qualified applicants.
- Top 3-5 candidates scheduled for oral interview.
Medical/ Fingerprint Requirements:
This position may require a medical screening and fingerprinting.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Center for Human Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Recruiting, hiring, training, promotion and compensation are provided fairly to all persons on an equal opportunity basis. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
Immigration Reform and Control Act:
Center for Human Services complies with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 by employing only United States citizens and non-citizens who are authorized to work in the United States. All employees are asked on their first day of employment to provide original documents verifying their right to work in the United States. In addition, this agency participates in E-Verify to electronically verify employment eligibility after an offer of employment has been accepted.
Center for Human Services reserves the right to revise this job announcement to better meet agency service needs. The provisions of this announcement do not constitute an expressed or implied contract. Any provision in this announcement may be modified or revoked without notice. The information contained in this flyer is information which sets forth a general summary of benefits for this position. Additional information can be found in the CHS Personnel Policies. Questions regarding this announcement may be directed to the CHS Administrative Office.