WHO WE ARE: Center for Human Service is one of the largest, local non-profits serving Stanislaus County youth and families. Our mission is simple…to change lives and build futures through programs that strengthen and support youth and families. CHS is a place that brings together smart, talented people from diverse backgrounds. We’ve cultivated a truly unique workplace environment that is anchored by our values…integrity, responsiveness, respect, partnerships, innovation and results.
To learn more about our programs, check out our website: www.centerforhumanservices.org.
Case Manger work under supervision of the Program Manger and are members of integrated, multi-disciplinary service members. Responsible for assisting clients in the development and implementation of Individual Living Plans.
|Position:||Case Manager – Pathways|
|Hours:||Full-Time / Non-Exempt|
|Department/ Program:||Shelter Services / Pathways|
|Reports to:||Program Manager|
|Salary/ Hourly Wage:||$13.37; DOE / Differential pay for Bilingual English/Spanish|
|Final filing date:||Monday – December 17, 2018|
To apply please click on the link below:
- BA/ BS in a related filed with 2 years experience in crisis intervention, group, family, individual counseling or working in a psychiatric inpatient setting
Fifteen (15) units of college credit in a related field and four (4) years of progressively responsible experience in crisis intervention, group, family, and individual counseling or working in a psychiatric inpatient setting
Thirty (30) units of college credit in a related field and three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in crisis intervention, group, family, and individual counseling or working in a psychiatric inpatient setting
- Prior experience working with high risk youth preferred.
- Pass agency paid criminal justice screening including fingerprints, if required.
- Pass agency paid health screening and/or drug testing, if required.
- Valid California driver’s license and proof of auto insurance coverage
- .Pass agency paid MVR clearance with no more than 2 points – if you are under the age of 25 our insurance company will not allow any points.
- Conducts intakes of new clients.
- Develops and assists clients with implementation of Individual Transitional Living Plans.
- Assists clients in accessing and receiving mental health treatment, medical care, housing, appropriate educational and/ or vocational services, food and clothing as necessary.
- Assists clients with developing independent living and employment skills. This will include teaching or facilitating and/ or arranging for classes or groups and activities based on current clients needs. Coaching clients in the following, but not limited to: skills associated with obtaining and keeping jobs, social interaction, conflict resolution, money management, personal hygiene, time management and organization.
- Provides guidance to clients in reaching their goals and monitors success toward meeting them.
- Meets regularly with clients in the field, at homes, schools, job sites, established CHS sites, and other appropriate sites.
- Transports clients in Agency owned vehicles as needed and approved.
- Interacts productively within a multi-disciplinary team to provide holistic case management services to an identified group of clients.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Represent the agency in a professional and competent manner.
- Advocate for the best interests of the agency and clients we serve.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the general public, co-workers, clients, supervisors and members of diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, ancestry, political affiliation, citizenship, disability, medical conditions, marital status, amnesty and military or veteran status.
- Will promote and support a culturally and linguistically diverse workforce and be responsive to the population within our service area.
- Maintain confidentiality and confidential information in accordance with legal standards and/or agency regulations.
- Participate in assigned scheduled agency meetings, in-service trainings, conferences and other trainings as determined by the supervisor. This includes serving as an agency representative at assigned community meetings.
- Observance of assigned working hours and program appointments by demonstrating promptness and thorough preparation.
- Performance of assigned duties with a positive attitude and in the spirit of teamwork, collaboration and cooperation.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Perform job duties in a safe manner to ensure a safe working environment for oneself and others.
- Participates in and/or supports agency fund development activities and events.
- Preparation of assigned reports, work records, statistical data, job performance evaluations, work plans, etc. in a timely manner.
- Review of applications for minimum qualifications.
- Ranking of qualified applicants.
- Top 3-5 candidates scheduled for oral interview.
Medical/ Fingerprint Requirements:
This position may require a medical screening and fingerprinting.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Center for Human Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Recruiting, hiring, training, promotion and compensation are provided fairly to all persons on an equal opportunity basis. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
Immigration Reform and Control Act:
Center for Human Services complies with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 by employing only United States citizens and non-citizens who are authorized to work in the United States. All employees are asked on their first day of employment to provide original documents verifying their right to work in the United States. In addition, this agency participates in E-Verify to electronically verify employment eligibility after an offer of employment has been accepted.
Center for Human Services reserves the right to revise this job announcement to better meet agency service needs. The provisions of this announcement do not constitute an expressed or implied contract. Any provision in this announcement may be modified or revoked without notice. The information contained in this flyer is information which sets forth a general summary of benefits for this position. Additional information can be found in the CHS Personnel Policies. Questions regarding this announcement may be directed to the CHS Administrative Office.