WHO WE ARE: Center for Human Service is one of the largest, local non-profits serving Stanislaus County youth and families. Our mission is simple…to change lives and build futures through programs that strengthen and support youth and families. CHS is a place that brings together smart, talented people from diverse backgrounds. We’ve cultivated a truly unique workplace environment that is anchored by our values…integrity, responsiveness, respect, partnerships, innovation and results.
To learn more about our programs, check out our website: www.centerforhumanservices.org.
Family Advocates provide case management services, facilitates groups and classes to families and are expected to meet with clients in their homes, schools or at the Family Resource Center. Works with community programs and agencies to establish services in the best interest of the client.
|Position:||Family Advocate – Bilingual-English/Spanish Required|
|Hours:||Full-Time / Non-Exempt|
|Department/ Program:||Ceres Partnership / Regional Services|
|Reports to:||Program Manger / Coordinator|
|Salary/ Hourly Wage:||Grade:23; $14.74-$15.75 DOE|
|Final filing date:||Tuesday – April 23, 2019|
To apply please click on the link below:
- BA/BS in related field with experience in crisis intervention, case management, group, family or individual counseling. Degree may be waived with a minimum 2-3 years progressively responsible experience in related field.
- Bilingual-English/Spanish required. Ability to speak, read and write in Spanish, fluently.
- Experience and ability to work effectively with a wide variety of organizations and with people of all ages, socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds.
- Demonstrate good written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of the Family Resource Center community and its resources.
- Computer skills including knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Pass agency paid criminal justice screening including fingerprints. (if required)
- Pass agency paid health screening and/or drug testing. (if required)
- Valid California driver’s license and proof of auto insurance coverage.
- Pass agency paid MVR clearance with no more than 2 points – if you are under the age of 25 our insurance company will not allow any points.
- Conduct community outreach through one-on-one contact with families to provide resource and referral information to improve health and family functioning.
- Inform families about Medi-Cal and Covered California programs. Assist with eligibility and application process including the gathering of information needed to apply.
- Informs and refers families with health care needs about available services to meet their needs and encourages them to participate. Assist families in accessing needed services including translation, appointment setting and non-emergency transportation.
- Coach parents in developing age-appropriate social skills, conflict resolution, anger management, substance abuse, money management, personal hygiene and job readiness.
- Clarify and focus the family’s issues, set goals concentrating on an individual’s/family’s strengths and assist families in reaching their goals.
- Oversee and encourage community members to participate in Family Resource Center’s activities.
- Facilitate school readiness classes and Parent Cafes and other groups as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Represent the agency in a professional and competent manner.
- Advocate for the best interests of the agency and clients we serve.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the general public, co-workers, clients, supervisors and members of diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, ancestry, political affiliation, citizenship, disability, medical conditions, marital status, amnesty and military or veteran status.
- Will promote and support a culturally and linguistically diverse workforce and be responsive to the population within our service area.
- Maintain confidentiality and confidential information in accordance with legal standards and/or agency regulations.
- Participate in assigned scheduled agency meetings, in-service trainings, conferences and other trainings as determined by the supervisor. This includes serving as an agency representative at assigned community meetings.
- Observance of assigned working hours and program appointments by demonstrating promptness and thorough preparation.
- Performance of assigned duties with a positive attitude and in the spirit of teamwork, collaboration and cooperation.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Perform job duties in a safe manner to ensure a safe working environment for oneself and others.
- Participates in and/or supports agency fund development activities and events.
- Preparation of assigned reports, work records, statistical data, job performance evaluations, work plans, etc. in a timely manner.
- Review of applications for minimum qualifications.
- Ranking of qualified applicants.
- Top 3-5 candidates scheduled for oral interview.
Medical/ Fingerprint Requirements:
This position may require a medical screening and fingerprinting.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Center for Human Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Recruiting, hiring, training, promotion and compensation are provided fairly to all persons on an equal opportunity basis. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
Immigration Reform and Control Act:
Center for Human Services complies with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 by employing only United States citizens and non-citizens who are authorized to work in the United States. All employees are asked on their first day of employment to provide original documents verifying their right to work in the United States. In addition, this agency participates in E-Verify to electronically verify employment eligibility after an offer of employment has been accepted.
Center for Human Services reserves the right to revise this job announcement to better meet agency service needs. The provisions of this announcement do not constitute an expressed or implied contract. Any provision in this announcement may be modified or revoked without notice. The information contained in this flyer is information which sets forth a general summary of benefits for this position. Additional information can be found in the CHS Personnel Policies. Questions regarding this announcement may be directed to the CHS Administrative Office.