WHO WE ARE: Center for Human Service is one of the largest, local non-profits serving Stanislaus County youth and families. Our mission is simple…to change lives and build futures through programs that strengthen and support youth and families. CHS is a place that brings together smart, talented people from diverse backgrounds. We’ve cultivated a truly unique workplace environment that is anchored by our values…integrity, responsiveness, respect, partnerships, innovation and results.
To learn more about our programs, check out our website: www.centerforhumanservices.org.
The primary responsibility of this position is to professionally greet visitors, manage/route phone calls and provide information regarding programs within the Family Resource Center. Will assist clients with resource applications and provide a variety of reception/secretarial assistance to program staff.
|Position:||Family Resource Specialist- Bilingual-English/Spanish Required|
|Hours:||Full-Time / Non-Exempt|
|Department/ Program:||Oakdale Resource & Counseling Center|
|Reports to:||Program Coordinator|
|Salary/ Hourly Wage:||Grade:23; $12.73-$13.51 DOE|
|Final filing date:||Friday- March 8, 2019 by 5:00pm|
To apply please click on the link below:
- Bilingual-English/Spanish required – Ability to speak, read and write in Spanish, fluently
- Minimum of 2-4 years of office/secretarial experience.
- Experience working with the public/customer service.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in written form.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Computer knowledge of the following programs: Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to multi-task and use good judgment.
- Pass agency paid criminal justice screening including fingerprints, if required.
- Pass agency paid health screening and/or drug testing, if required.
- Valid California driver’s license and Proof of auto insurance coverage.
- Answer all phone calls, route to appropriate staff and/or voice mail, take messages as needed.
- Greet clients, inform staff, provide information to clients as needed, and assist clients in completing applications.
- Accept payments, process necessary paperwork and provide receipts as needed.
- Provide resources and referrals to clients.
- Process all incoming/ outgoing mail.
- Provide word processing support for identified programs.
- Make copies as assigned.
- Order FRC supplies as necessary, with approval of Program Manager.
- Assist with data entry and reporting (including PEDS and walk-in clients)
- Assist with tracking Differential Response referrals, including logging incoming referrals, creating charts, and mailing contact letters.
- Work with landlord and CHS Administrative Staff regarding facility and maintenance issues.
- Maintain room schedule for CHS staff and partners.
- Maintain and distribute FRC calendar of events and assist with creating FRC flyers.
- Responsible for agency vehicle scheduling and maintenance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Represent the agency in a professional and competent manner.
- Advocate for the best interests of the agency and clients we serve.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the general public, co-workers, clients, supervisors and members of diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, ancestry, political affiliation, citizenship, disability, medical conditions, marital status, amnesty and military or veteran status.
- Will promote and support a culturally and linguistically diverse workforce and be responsive to the population within our service area.
- Maintain confidentiality and confidential information in accordance with legal standards and/or agency regulations.
- Participate in assigned scheduled agency meetings, in-service trainings, conferences and other trainings as determined by the supervisor. This includes serving as an agency representative at assigned community meetings.
- Observance of assigned working hours and program appointments by demonstrating promptness and thorough preparation.
- Performance of assigned duties with a positive attitude and in the spirit of teamwork, collaboration and cooperation.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Perform job duties in a safe manner to ensure a safe working environment for oneself and others.
- Participates in and/or supports agency fund development activities and events.
- Preparation of assigned reports, work records, statistical data, job performance evaluations, work plans, etc. in a timely manner.
- Review of applications for minimum qualifications.
- Ranking of qualified applicants.
- Top 3-5 candidates scheduled for oral interview.
Medical/ Fingerprint Requirements:
This position may require a medical screening and fingerprinting.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Center for Human Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Recruiting, hiring, training, promotion and compensation are provided fairly to all persons on an equal opportunity basis. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
Immigration Reform and Control Act:
Center for Human Services complies with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 by employing only United States citizens and non-citizens who are authorized to work in the United States. All employees are asked on their first day of employment to provide original documents verifying their right to work in the United States. In addition, this agency participates in E-Verify to electronically verify employment eligibility after an offer of employment has been accepted.
Center for Human Services reserves the right to revise this job announcement to better meet agency service needs. The provisions of this announcement do not constitute an expressed or implied contract. Any provision in this announcement may be modified or revoked without notice. The information contained in this flyer is information which sets forth a general summary of benefits for this position. Additional information can be found in the CHS Personnel Policies. Questions regarding this announcement may be directed to the CHS Administrative Office.