WHO WE ARE: Center for Human Service is one of the largest, local non-profits serving Stanislaus County youth and families. Our mission is simple…to change lives and build futures through programs that strengthen and support youth and families. CHS is a place that brings together smart, talented people from diverse backgrounds. We’ve cultivated a truly unique workplace environment that is anchored by our values…integrity, responsiveness, respect, partnerships, innovation and results.
To learn more about our programs, check out our website: www.centerforhumanservices.org.
Serve as the first point of contact for clients, setting the tone for an overall positive experience. Responsible for client scheduling, payment tracking, maintaining and updating client information, as required. Ensure high quality services and a welcoming environment.
|Position:||Front Desk Receptionist – Bilingual-English/Spanish Required|
|Hours:||Full-Time / Non-Exempt / Includes Evenings / Mon-Thurs / 32 hours per week|
|Reports to:||Administrative Manager|
|Salary/ Hourly Wage:||$13.37 – $14.04; DOE|
|Final filing date:||Friday – May 24, 2019|
To apply please click on the link below:
- Bilingual English/Spanish required. Ability to fluently speak, read and write in Spanish.
- Translate documents from English to Spanish and vice versa.
- Minimum 2 – 3 years of office experience required.
- Must have the ability to exercise excellent customer service and interpersonal communication skills; cultural sensitivity and demonstrate ability to work with diverse groups.
- Intermediate to advanced phone skills; able to effectively relate via telephone and in-person to serve the needs of clients/staff/guests in a manner that is efficient, productive and using good judgment.
- Well developed verbal and written communication skills in English and Spanish.
- Intermediate computer knowledge of the following programs: Microsoft Word, Excel, Data Entry and computer skills and knowledge of relevant software programs.
- Ability to work well under pressure with minimal supervision; proven flexibility, strong attention to detail and willingness to handle a variety of tasks.
- Ability to handle multiple phone lines.
- Willingness to work evening hours, as required.
- Pass agency paid criminal justice screening including fingerprints.
- Pass agency paid health screening and/or drug testing, if required.
- Valid California driver’s license.
- Proof of auto insurance coverage.
- Conduct opening/closing procedures and adhere to all agency policies enforcing safety and security; maintain restricted areas secure by safeguarding keyless entry codes and computer system passwords in strict confidentiality.
- Connect clients/staff/guests to the department and/or appropriate personnel in a manner that is helpful, courteous and friendly; determines purpose of visit and directs accordingly.
- Distribute forms and paperwork to applicants and ensure required fields are completed accordingly.
- Provide information to callers according to front reception procedures; transfer calls as needed and ensure adequate phone coverage at all times.
- Perform day-to-day administrative functions and general office duties including, but not limited to: setting appointments/scheduling, word processing, filing, scanning, answering multiple phone lines, data entry and room scheduling.
- Translate client related correspondence and/or reports
- Register new clients and/or update existing client demographics by collecting detailed client information including personal and financial information.
- Utilize office software to schedule new and follow-up appointments for identified clients.
- Verify method of payment for service (insurance coverage) collect scheduled payments and/or existing balance payment noted in program database, and collect other pertinent information as appropriate.
- Provide excellent customer service; practice confidentiality and privacy procedures in accordance to agency policies and HIPAA requirements.
- Exercise problem-solving and conflict resolution skills when handling client complaints; refer client complaints to designated personnel, as required.
- Maintain waiting area, office files and front reception areas in a manner that is organized, neat and professional.
- Ensure the upkeep of reading material and stock flyers/brochures as needed.
- Contributes to team effort by performing other duties as assigned.
- Represent the agency in a professional and competent manner.
- Advocate for the best interests of the agency and clients we serve.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the general public, co-workers, clients, supervisors and members of diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, ancestry, political affiliation, citizenship, disability, medical conditions, marital status, amnesty and military or veteran status.
- Will promote and support a culturally and linguistically diverse workforce and be responsive to the population within our service area.
- Maintain confidentiality and confidential information in accordance with legal standards and/or agency regulations.
- Participate in assigned scheduled agency meetings, in-service trainings, conferences and other trainings as determined by the supervisor. This includes serving as an agency representative at assigned community meetings.
- Observance of assigned working hours and program appointments by demonstrating promptness and thorough preparation.
- Performance of assigned duties with a positive attitude and in the spirit of teamwork, collaboration and cooperation.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Perform job duties in a safe manner to ensure a safe working environment for oneself and others.
- Participates in and/or supports agency fund development activities and events.
- Preparation of assigned reports, work records, statistical data, job performance evaluations, work plans, etc. in a timely manner.
- Review of applications for minimum qualifications.
- Ranking of qualified applicants.
- Top 3-5 candidates scheduled for oral interview.
Medical/ Fingerprint Requirements:
This position may require a medical screening and fingerprinting.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Center for Human Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Recruiting, hiring, training, promotion and compensation are provided fairly to all persons on an equal opportunity basis. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
Immigration Reform and Control Act:
Center for Human Services complies with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 by employing only United States citizens and non-citizens who are authorized to work in the United States. All employees are asked on their first day of employment to provide original documents verifying their right to work in the United States. In addition, this agency participates in E-Verify to electronically verify employment eligibility after an offer of employment has been accepted.
Center for Human Services reserves the right to revise this job announcement to better meet agency service needs. The provisions of this announcement do not constitute an expressed or implied contract. Any provision in this announcement may be modified or revoked without notice. The information contained in this flyer is information which sets forth a general summary of benefits for this position. Additional information can be found in the CHS Personnel Policies. Questions regarding this announcement may be directed to the CHS Administrative Office.