WHO WE ARE: Center for Human Service is one of the largest, local non-profits serving Stanislaus County youth and families. Our mission is simple…to change lives and build futures through programs that strengthen and support youth and families. CHS is a place that brings together smart, talented people from diverse backgrounds. We’ve cultivated a truly unique workplace environment that is anchored by our values…integrity, responsiveness, respect, partnerships, innovation and results.
To learn more about our programs, check out our website: www.centerforhumanservices.org.
Facilitate and implement HBO program at Newman Family Resource Center. Outreach to families and the community in regards to services. Work with other programs and agencies to establish services in the best interest of the client.
|Position:||Program & Outreach Specialist / Healthy Birth Outcomes (HBO)|
|Hours:||Full-Time / Non-Exempt|
|Department/ Program:||Newman Family Resource Center|
|Reports to:||Program Coordinator|
|Salary/ Hourly Wage:||$14.04 per hour|
|Final filing date:||Friday – January 25, 2019|
To apply please click on the link below:
- Minimum B.A. /B.S. in Social Services or related fields and/or equivalent work experience.
- Bilingual-English/Spanish required. Ability to speak, read and write in Spanish, fluently.
- Experience and ability to work effectively with youth, adults and community members.
- Demonstrate written, oral, and public speaking communication skills.
- Pass agency paid criminal justice screening including fingerprints.
- Pass agency paid health screening and/or drug testing.
- Valid California driver’s license and proof of auto insurance coverage.
- Pass agency paid MVR clearance with no more than 2 points – if you are under the age of 25 our insurance company will not allow any points.
- Facilitate and lesson plan for Healthy Birth Outcome (HBO) activities and classes.
- Develop and maintain close working relationship as a liaison with agencies, participating businesses, and organizations.
- Responsible for implementation of projects as assigned by Supervisor.
- Responsible for collecting and completing statistical information, program forms and providing appropriate documentation per program requirements and agency needs.
- Consults with agencies, schools and community based organizations.
- Provides individual and group activities to identified HBO participants.
- Assist families by providing resource and referral information.
- Inform families about Medi-Cal and Covered California programs. Assist with eligibility and application process including the gathering of information needed to apply.
- Greet clients, inform staff, provide information to clients as needed, and assist clients in completing applications.
- Provide resources and referrals to clients.
- Conduct community outreach through one-on-one contact with families, group presentations, and local activities to provide resource and referral information about the center.
- Informs and refers families with health care needs about available services to meet their needs and encourages them to participate. Assist families in accessing needed services including translation, appointment setting and non-emergency transportation.
- Actively search for community resources and develop relationships to better assist families.
- Assists in the compiling of information, demographic data and other related statistics.
- Establishes and maintains strong, positive public relations with parents, staff and community.
- Represent the agency in a professional and competent manner.
- Advocate for the best interests of the agency and clients we serve.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the general public, co-workers, clients, supervisors and members of diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, ancestry, political affiliation, citizenship, disability, medical conditions, marital status, amnesty and military or veteran status.
- Will promote and support a culturally and linguistically diverse workforce and be responsive to the population within our service area.
- Maintain confidentiality and confidential information in accordance with legal standards and/or agency regulations.
- Participate in assigned scheduled agency meetings, in-service trainings, conferences and other trainings as determined by the supervisor. This includes serving as an agency representative at assigned community meetings.
- Observance of assigned working hours and program appointments by demonstrating promptness and thorough preparation.
- Performance of assigned duties with a positive attitude and in the spirit of teamwork, collaboration and cooperation.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Perform job duties in a safe manner to ensure a safe working environment for oneself and others.
- Participates in and/or supports agency fund development activities and events.
- Preparation of assigned reports, work records, statistical data, job performance evaluations, work plans, etc. in a timely manner.
- Review of applications for minimum qualifications.
- Ranking of qualified applicants.
- Top 3-5 candidates scheduled for oral interview.
Medical/ Fingerprint Requirements:
This position may require a medical screening and fingerprinting.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Center for Human Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Recruiting, hiring, training, promotion and compensation are provided fairly to all persons on an equal opportunity basis. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
Immigration Reform and Control Act:
Center for Human Services complies with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 by employing only United States citizens and non-citizens who are authorized to work in the United States. All employees are asked on their first day of employment to provide original documents verifying their right to work in the United States. In addition, this agency participates in E-Verify to electronically verify employment eligibility after an offer of employment has been accepted.
CHS is a smoke free workplace.
Center for Human Services reserves the right to revise this job announcement to better meet agency service needs. The provisions of this announcement do not constitute an expressed or implied contract. Any provision in this announcement may be modified or revoked without notice. The information contained in this flyer is information which sets forth a general summary of benefits for this position. Additional information can be found in the CHS Personnel Policies. Questions regarding this announcement may be directed to the CHS Administrative Office.