WHO WE ARE: Center for Human Service is one of the largest, local non-profits serving Stanislaus County youth and families. Our mission is simple…to change lives and build futures through programs that strengthen and support youth and families. CHS is a place that brings together smart, talented people from diverse backgrounds. We’ve cultivated a truly unique workplace environment that is anchored by our values…integrity, responsiveness, respect, partnerships, innovation and results. We are currently seeking a dynamic individual to provide leadership, continue building the infrastructure and maintain the standards of excellence that helps CHS, its employees and our communities thrive.
To learn more about our programs, check out our website: www.centerforhumanservices.org.
Responsible for daily management of Finance Department operations and staff. Performs specialized financial tasks including data analysis, reports and monthly/annual financial data development.
|Department/ Program:||Senior Leadership|
|Reports to:||Executive Director|
|Salary/ Hourly Wage:||Grade E46 – $81,134-$100,00; DOE|
|Final filing date:||Monday – March 26, 2018 at 5:00pm|
To apply please click on the link below:
- BS/BA degree in finance or accounting is required.
- 4+ years of experience in the use of computerized fiscal systems.
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite including: Excel (creation and modification), Word, Access, and Outlook.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of accounting theory, procedures, budget development, fund accounting, payroll processing and general fiscal procedures.
- Ability to compile, understand and disseminate financial report information.
- Experience with successfully handling competing deadlines and responsibilities in a calm and professional manner.
- A demonstrated ability to work collaboratively to solve problems.
- An aptitude toward helping/teaching non-financial or accounting individuals financial and accounting concepts.
- Prior non-profit experience preferred.
- Pass agency paid criminal justice screening including fingerprints, if required.
- Pass agency paid health screening and/or drug testing, if required.
- Valid California driver’s license and proof of auto insurance coverage.
- Coordination of agency Finance Department operations that reflect good stewardship, high standards of excellence and transparency.
- Consult with Directors, Managers and Board of Directors/Finance Committee regarding financial matters.
- Prepare/analyze annual budget in coordination with the Executive Director and Program Directors.
- Oversee the implementation of financial management controls including, but not limited to, monthly financial reporting, closing activities, payroll analysis, annual budget, cash flow analysis, etc.
- Coordinate annual agency audit with independent auditing firm and Executive Director.
- Assist Program Directors and his/her designated staff with budget development.
- Develop, maintain and report all necessary and requested financial information to Executive Director and other designated CHS staff.
- Safeguard assets through the maintenance of proper controls.
- Ensure that Finance Department computer network is secure and data back-up takes place daily.
- Assist Executive Director with contract management including policies and procedures, contract review, contract file audits, contract listings, etc.
- Provide all aspects of supervision to the Finance Department team including: recruitment, training, coaching, leadership, annual appraisals, etc.
- Participates in Senior Management and CHS Leadership Meetings.
- Represent the Finance Department at identified internal and external meetings.
- Perform other duties as necessary, indicated and assigned.
- Represent the agency in a professional and competent manner.
- Advocate for the best interests of the agency and clients we serve.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the general public, co-workers, clients, supervisors and members of diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, ancestry, political affiliation, citizenship, disability, medical conditions, marital status, amnesty and military or veteran status.
- Will promote and support a culturally and linguistically diverse workforce and be responsive to the population within our service area.
- Maintain confidentiality and confidential information in accordance with legal standards and/or agency regulations.
- Participate in assigned scheduled agency meetings, in-service trainings, conferences and other trainings as determined by the supervisor. This includes serving as an agency representative at assigned community meetings.
- Observance of assigned working hours and program appointments by demonstrating promptness and thorough preparation.
- Performance of assigned duties with a positive attitude and in the spirit of teamwork, collaboration and cooperation.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Perform job duties in a safe manner to ensure a safe working environment for oneself and others.
- Participates in and/or supports agency fund development activities and events.
- Preparation of assigned reports, work records, statistical data, job performance evaluations, work plans, etc. in a timely manner.
- Review of applications for minimum qualifications.
- Ranking of qualified applicants.
- Top 3-5 candidates scheduled for oral interview.
Medical/ Fingerprint Requirements:
This position may require a medical screening and fingerprinting.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Center for Human Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Recruiting, hiring, training, promotion and compensation are provided fairly to all persons on an equal opportunity basis. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
Immigration Reform and Control Act:
Center for Human Services complies with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 by employing only United States citizens and non-citizens who are authorized to work in the United States. All employees are asked on their first day of employment to provide original documents verifying their right to work in the United States. In addition, this agency participates in E-Verify to electronically verify employment eligibility after an offer of employment has been accepted.
Center for Human Services reserves the right to revise this job announcement to better meet agency service needs. The provisions of this announcement do not constitute an expressed or implied contract. Any provision in this announcement may be modified or revoked without notice. The information contained in this flyer is information which sets forth a general summary of benefits for this position. Additional information can be found in the CHS Personnel Policies. Questions regarding this announcement may be directed to the CHS Administrative Office.