Volunteer Job Description
201 Jennie Street
Modesto, CA 95354
Hutton House is Stanislaus County’s only shelter for runaway and homeless youth. While at the shelter clients receive basic residential services, as well as individual, group and family counseling. The program goal focuses on getting youth off the street and reunited with their family.
Learn more about Working at Hutton House PDF
- Assist shelter staff with assigned tasks
- Answer the crisis line
- Complete intake file information
- Lead recreational activities
- Tutor youth
- Co-facilitate groups with group leaders
- Transport youth to meetings, events and appointments.
18 hours of initial training
6 month commitment or 200 hours
4 hours per week
- Complete volunteer training.
- Attend monthly volunteer meetings and trainings.
- Must be 21 years or older.
- Pass DOJ, Child Abuse and FBI background check (fingerprinting).
- Pass Health Screening and test negative for TB.
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance.
- Ability to push or pull up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to ascend and descend stairs.
- Experience with teenagers
- Crisis line experience
- Youth Development
- Community Resources
Download the Hutton House Volunteer Flyer (PDF)
(for upcoming interviews and training dates)
*Volunteer training is held twice a year
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT
Valrie Thompson – Program Manager
HUTTON HOUSE VOLUNTEER PARTNER