WHO WE ARE: Center for Human Service is one of the largest, local non-profits serving Stanislaus County youth and families. Our mission is simple…to change lives and build futures through programs that strengthen and support youth and families. CHS is a place that brings together smart, talented people from diverse backgrounds. We’ve cultivated a truly unique workplace environment that is anchored by our values…integrity, responsiveness, respect, partnerships, innovation and results.
To learn more about our programs, check out our website: www.centerforhumanservices.org.
Working in a fast paced, deadline-oriented environment, you will provide short-term family and child counseling for a variety of diagnostic issues. Conduct Mental Health assessments. Maintain paperwork for BHRS Medi-Cal charts and be required to meet contractual requirements.
|Position:||Mental Health Clinician|
|Hours:||Full-Time / Non-Exempt|
|Department/ Program:||Behavioral Health Department|
|Reports to:||Clinical Coordinator|
|Salary/ Hourly Wage:||We offer competitive benefits, wages and bilingual differential|
|Final filing date:||Until Filled|
To apply please click on the link below
- Completed Masters in Counseling/ Psychology or Social Work.
- Has current Associate or Licensed status with the Board of Behavioral Sciences or in process.
- Possess strong organizational skills.
- Be a self motivated individual; possessing the ability to initiate action related to billing hours and documentation.
- Ability to:
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with clients, client families and the professional community.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet critical deadlines.
- Balance meeting contract hours with paperwork requirements.
- Assess and prioritize client issues and determine needs.
- Establish clear boundaries in a diplomatic manner with clients and school personnel.
- Be open to feedback from clinical and administrative supervisors.
- Knowledge of:
- Theory, principles, techniques and trends in counseling and therapy.
- Community resources.
- DSM V Diagnostic Criteria.
- Electronic Health Record Systems Software; including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Pass agency paid criminal justice screening including fingerprints.
- Pass agency paid health screening and/or drug testing, if required.
- Valid California driver’s license.
- Proof of auto insurance coverage.
- Develop and maintain a professional relationship with designated school site or community site, BHRS and with colleagues and staff.
- Provide assessments to clients that have been referred by the school.
- Consult with school staff as appropriate regarding client’s treatment issues.
- Conduct family and child counseling with clients who meet medical necessity/DSM V diagnostic criteria.
- Make appropriate referrals to community agency/events.
- Provide individual, group and family therapy to assigned populations.
- Development and facilitation of psycho-educational groups, parenting and other classes as needed or required.
- Attendance at individual and group supervision as assigned.
- Complete necessary client case materials, program forms and statistical data.
- Complete screenings and provide aftercare follow-up procedures, in a timely manner.
- Complete all necessary charting, reports and statistical information necessary for assigned client population, in a timely manner.
- Meet contractual obligation by billing a determined number of reimbursable hours.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Represent the agency in a professional and competent manner.
- Advocate for the best interests of the agency and clients we serve.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the general public, co-workers, clients, supervisors and members of diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, ancestry, political affiliation, citizenship, disability, medical conditions, marital status, amnesty and military or veteran status.
- Will promote and support a culturally and linguistically diverse workforce and be responsive to the population within our service area.
- Maintain confidentiality and confidential information in accordance with legal standards and/or agency regulations.
- Participate in assigned scheduled agency meetings, in-service trainings, conferences and other trainings as determined by the supervisor. This includes serving as an agency representative at assigned community meetings.
- Observance of assigned working hours and program appointments by demonstrating promptness and thorough preparation.
- Performance of assigned duties with a positive attitude and in the spirit of teamwork, collaboration and cooperation.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Perform job duties in a safe manner to ensure a safe working environment for oneself and others.
- Participates in and/or supports agency fund development activities and events.
- Preparation of assigned reports, work records, statistical data, job performance evaluations, work plans, etc. in a timely manner.
- Review of applications for minimum qualifications.
- Ranking of qualified applicants.
- Top 3-5 candidates scheduled for oral interview.
Medical/ Fingerprint Requirements:
This position may require a medical screening and fingerprinting.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Center for Human Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Recruiting, hiring, training, promotion and compensation are provided fairly to all persons on an equal opportunity basis. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
Immigration Reform and Control Act:
Center for Human Services complies with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 by employing only United States citizens and non-citizens who are authorized to work in the United States. All employees are asked on their first day of employment to provide original documents verifying their right to work in the United States. In addition, this agency participates in E-Verify to electronically verify employment eligibility after an offer of employment has been accepted.
CHS is a smoke free workplace.
Center for Human Services reserves the right to revise this job announcement to better meet agency service needs. The provisions of this announcement do not constitute an expressed or implied contract. Any provision in this announcement may be modified or revoked without notice. The information contained in this flyer is information which sets forth a general summary of benefits for this position. Additional information can be found in the CHS Personnel Policies. Questions regarding this announcement may be directed to the CHS Administrative Office.