First Step Perinatal Program
A comprehensive continuum of services for pregnant and parenting women and their preschool age children ages 0-5.
First Step is operated by Center for Human Services and Sierra Vista Child and Family Services through a contract with Stanislaus County Behavioral Health and Recovery Services to provide a comprehensive continuum of services for pregnant and parenting women and their preschool age children (ages 0-5). The goal of the program is to assist women in maintaining drug and alcohol free lifestyles and to develop positive parenting skills. Clients learn to identify and implement healthy interpersonal relationships and provide safe, sober, and nurturing home environments for themselves and their children.
- Substance Abusing Women.
- Injection, drug-using, women that are pregnant.
- Postpartum and those parenting young children.
- Referrals by collaborative agencies.
- Women requiring higher levels or treatment.
- Assessment and Diagnosis
- Alcohol and Drug Education
- Individual and Group C