Hutton House is a state licensed temporary shelter for runaway, homeless and youth in crisis who are ages 13-17. It provides services to meet the immediate needs of runaway and homeless youth and conducts crisis intervention to prevent youth from running away. The following services are provided for up to 8 youth at a time:
- Food and clothing
- Individual, group and family counseling
- Crisis intervention
- Youth leadership development through Community Youth Connection (CYC)
Hutton House serves youth (ages 13-17) who are in crisis and may need temporary shelter.
- 24-hour crisis line
- Assessment of client needs
- Individual, group and family services
- Drop-in advocacy services
- Information and referrals
- Advocacy, parent support and education
- Emancipation information
- Community linkage, volunteer programs and state and national linkage to other service programs.
- Differential Response – Support to families experiencing parent/child conflict.
- Youth Leadership Development and Community Involvement through the California Youth Connection (CYC) Youth Group – open to interested residents and other youth. Click here for more details.
Donations are welcome and necessary to keep program services available for families in crisis.
90% of services are provided to Stanislaus County residents, 8% to other Californians and 2% for out of state clients.
“What I liked best about Hutton House was learning that I was not the only kid with the same issues that I’m struggling with”
“Hutton House is a very safe place and all staff are very nice”
“Counseling, groups and classes are what helped me, THANK YOU”
“It (Hutton House staff) help me deal with my family and problems”
“I was able to clear my mind and think about things going on in my life”
“My son was safe, warm and loved”
“Hutton House taught him [son] how to confront his problems”
“Jane (Not a real client name) and I had a chance to share a little more with one another. I think we will be fine, we are going to begin a 10 week class to help with communication and other life skills”
Hutton House has a very active group of volunteers and would not survive without the generous support of people like you who give of themselves and their time. For more information on our volunteer program please follow the links below.
Hutton House Volunteer flyer (PDF) – for upcoming interviews and training dates