Workforce Development is an employment program that helps adults receiving CalWORKS cash aid to prepare for and obtain employment.
Workforce Development is an employment program that helps adults receiving CalWORKS cash aid to prepare for and obtain employment. We work with college students, job-seekers, employees and businesses to meet their employment needs and contribute to a stronger economy in our county.
Our goal is to help people become employed, transition off public assistance, and build their skills to eliminate any barriers to employment. We also help our participants address other barriers to employment such as substance abuse, homelessness and domestic violence.
Call us for more information or referrals:
Eastside: (209) 322-3534 | Westside: (209) 342-1800
Participants must receive CalWORKs cash aid to participate in the Workforce Development Program. Participation in the program is required for all adult CalWORKs recipients in order to receive their cash aid, unless exempt.
- Daily workshops to build on hard and soft skills including:
- Mock Interviews with community partners and businesses
- Dress for Success- Business Casual Required for participants who attend our classes
- Cover letters
- Workplace Ethics / Professionalism
- Maintaining Employment
- Father Involvement
- Financial Skills / Budgeting (Financial Peace)
- Life Skills (Gateway)
- Living the Protective Factors
- Parent Cafes
- Vitality Cafés
- One on One Case Management with an Employment Specialist
- Weekly meetings with their Employment Specialists reviewing participation, individual barriers, and goals.
We offer services in the following communities of Stanislaus County:
Westside: Newman, Patterson, Crows Landing, Westley, Grayson
Eastside: Oakdale, Riverbank, Waterford, Knights Ferry, Valley Home
Rosa Hernandez, Program Coordinator
101 West Las Palmas Ave
Patterson, CA 95363
FAX: (209) 895-4741
Kaylee Brown, Program Coordinator
1405 W. F Street, Suite I
Oakdale, CA 95361
FAX: (209) 3223537